Pages

Friday, August 26, 2016

Aloha Friday

Stylus print tank top, JcPenney
Calvin Klein jeans

       Smiling because it's Friday and I have survived - and overall enjoyed - my first week of school. Staff and students get to wear jeans once a month for a $1 fee that goes toward charity. Today was a free jeans day for staff, and I was thrilled to be reunited with my denim.
      We celebrated our first Aloha Friday in my classroom! I explained to my students that Aloha Friday is a day in Hawaii when people can wear aloha-print clothing and briefly discussed the aloha spirit. The students wear uniforms, so we can't exactly celebrate with clothing choices, but I did read them some jokes. Also, the word of the day was "makai," which means "toward the ocean" in Hawaiian and is used as a direction.
    I'm renting a car during the work week, and walked home Friday afternoon from the rental place. The sky was beautiful:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)