Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

July budget


Banana Republic roll-cuff cotton modal tank in beauty queen pink (60 cents)
   I haven't worn or washed this yet, but I liked the loose, relaxed fit and bright color. Depending on what kind of job I end up getting, I may be able to get away with wearing this to work, perhaps dressed up with a necklace or fun pair of earrings.


Banana Republic snake bracelet ($1.01)
    I was born in the Year of the Snake, so the design was appealing. Snake jewelry can be gaudy, but I thought the design of this was understated and simple. I've been wanting to get a Banana Republic bracelet for a while - they run small, and some of the simpler designs are great to pair with a watch for daily wear.

Old Navy embroidered slub-knit sleeveless top in heather gray (57 cents)
  Another easy-fitting tank. A reviewer mentioned that the white embroidery has a tonal effect on the heather gray version, so that's what I ended up getting.


Old Navy linen-blend cocoon dress ($1.31) 
  I wanted to like this so much - but the placement of the pockets/cut of the dress just don't work for me. It added a lot of bulk to my hips. I liked the fabric and print, but this one will be returned.

Total spent: $3.77 (used $55 in Rewards)
Budget: $50
Funds remaining: $46.23

  I'm between jobs right now, so I don't foresee doing any more shopping - unless I land a job with a dress code that doesn't allow jeans! I donated a lot of my clothing before moving, so I am working with a smaller closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)