Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

fall colors



Winter Kate top, thrifted
Calvin Klein straight leg jeans, Ross
glass pendant, Creations by Keiko

     Rainy mornings can be so cozy ... until your alarm goes off and you realize that it's the alarm that marks the time you are supposed to leave the house, not your bed. That was my Tuesday morning - how glad I was to get Wednesday off!
     Cooler weather meant it was time to break out one of my recent favorite thrift finds. While Savers tends to mark up certain brands such as Banana Republic, the staff seem oblivious to brands like Winter Kate. I got this top for a steal at $7.99, considering that an eBay search found this top being offered for $44.99.
    This is a tie neck blouse, but for its inaugural wearing I decided to forgo the bow. Instead, I knotted it right under the bust, then tied it in the back. I think it adds a little figure definition to a loose, flowy top. I'll try it with the bow next time, but plan to tuck it in.
 
   

    I love glass jewelry, but somehow my dichroic glass pendants (I own 3) never get enough love. The colors don't quite match the top, but they seem to "go."


    I'm almost halfway through No Shop November, and I have to say, it's been very restful. I don't browse online much because I know I'm not spending money, and I just erase all those sale e-mails that I'm usually tempted to click on. Now that it's getting a little cooler, I'm more excited about getting dressed for work. I'm looking forward to wearing long-sleeved dresses or tops that just sat on the side during the sweltering start of the school year. I also have some great dresses that I thrifted recently that I haven't worn yet, so I don't feel deprived or bored with what I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)