Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

SIA and a bad case of the Mondays

Trina Turk silk top, Nordstrom Rack clearance
Calvin Klein petite straight-leg jeans, Ross


     The colors in this painting are just gorgeous - the red and turquoise play so beautifully off each other, and the pink is a great touch.While I really liked the colors, I had a hard time putting together an outfit from my closet. Despite my love of blue, I surprisingly don't have anything turquoise, and not much red or pink either. So I decided to use the leopard print as my (loose) inspiration. My top's print is not a leopard print - it looks more like a very abstract floral -  but I figure it "goes" vs. matches. 

   
      This top was on loan to my sis, so Friday was the first time I've worn it in a while. I'm not a fan of the way the sleeves are constructed - I did some light stretching with my students that day, and had to hike the sleeves up a bit to move my arms - but I like the neckline and ties in the front. 
      Yesterday was one heck of a Monday ... I got stuck in a traffic jam on the way to work, and ended up calling the office to open up my classroom for my students. I only got there a few minutes after the bell rang, thankfully. But that meant I missed out on my usual prep time before school starts, and I felt like I was running to catch up all day. Also, on the way to work I was supposed to pick up a carton of eggs for our afternoon science experiment. Thanks to the traffic jam, I ended up spending my short lunch break running to the closest store, dashing in to buy eggs, and hurrying back. That meant lunch was really just a few surreptitious bites of a cereal bar in the back of the room while my students read quietly after lunch. It wasn't a bad day, really, just a rushed and tiring one. I figure with a Monday like that, things can only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)