Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

dabbling in dapper ... and Disney

red vest White Rabbit Alice in Wonderland Spirit Week chambray shirt

chambray shirt, thrifted
vest, thrifted
trousers, Banana Republic Factory Store
bowtie, handmade using this tutorial

   This is my favorite Spirit Week outfit to date - dressing as the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I'm not much of a Disney fan, but putting together - then wearing - this look was so much fun! The camera didn't capture it well, but I am also wearing rabbit ears, made out of white pipe cleaners.  
    I decided to forgo the suit jacket due to the heat, which meant I needed a vest. I headed to my favorite Goodwill and found this lovely one. Based on the way it's finished inside, I think it's handmade. 
   This was a fun way to dabble in the dapper/boyish look that appeals to me so much, but isn't well-represented in my wardrobe.

bow tie red and white vest pattern play mixed prints Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit

   A number of folks weren't sure what character I was dressed as, but I was pleased to be recognized several times. Campus was awash with people wearing mouse ears, and it felt good to stand out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)