Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

perfect mix


dress, Old Navy
scarf, Ross


     I had an unusually active weekend. On Saturday, I had a good workout at the gym. In my cardio workout, I've started to incorporate 15 to 20 minutes of jogging/walking on a treadmill. Osteoporosis runs in my family, and I've seen how excruciatingly painful it can be. My goal is to build up my bones for a healthy, pain-free life.
      On Sunday, I attended an aikido class my sensei has spoken highly of. I ended up training for 2 hours - one hour of weapons, and a second class of hand techniques. Whew! I really enjoyed it, but was feeling it on Monday - my body's not used to 2 hours straight.
    Despite the tired body, I started Monday in an excellent mood --  perhaps it was lingering endorphines from the physical activity. I had a nightmare about work early in the morning - I dreamt that I had somehow left my specials class alone in the room and driven off, then could not get back to them. It was the kind of dream where you wake up and realize with immense relief that it didn't really happen! A dream like that can be hard to shake off, but I'm thankful it didn't ruin my good mood.
   Something else I enjoyed about my weekend was that Sunday was a rainy day. Besides aikido and a trip to the library, I stayed home and did some work. There's something immensely relaxing about settling down at home and getting things done while it pours outside.
  It's been just a bit cooler here, and that's why I'm wearing my lightest scarf! It was a little warm at times, so I won't be wearing scarves regularly, but it was a great change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)