Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

dressed down



relaxed-fit tank, Old Navy
Indigo Rein jeans, Macy's
yellow glass pendant, gifted

       I wore this to work the other day because I knew my class was scheduled to work on our hands-on science unit. There are no desks in the science room, so I knew that I was going to spend a lot of time squatting, sitting or kneeling on the floor. Pants seemed like the only practical choice. 
       A colleague made a comment to me in the morning that I was dressed very casually.  I realized that people notice when I deviate from my usual style, which I would describe as "relaxed, practical and professional with consideration taken of the job requirements and weather." Judging from the comment, this is not my typical work outfit!  Which is kind of funny, because as much as I love my dresses, skirts and pretty clothes, this is still what I feel most comfortable in - a tank/tee, jeans, and a single accessory. I deliberately choose most of the time to not wear this type of outfit to work, because being dressed professionally has, I think, a positive effect on how I teach and interact with students.
     Happy Friday! The big thing happening this weekend is that my husband comes home - he's been away for about a month. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with him ... taking a nap at  the same time is considered quality time, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)