Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

one cuff away from Wonder Woman

chambray top, thrifted
DKNY jeans, Macy's
necklace, Haitian Beads

      These pants did not photograph well at all, and this is the best I could do with some tweaking in PicMonkey. Nothing really special about this outfit, except that I'm wearing the silk cuff I made a long time ago! I never wore it on the blog because I figured out the standard metal cuff blank is too big for my wrist - it kept falling off. However, I inadvertently squished the cuff opening smaller because it got stuck under something heavy. Um, yay for disorganization and not putting things away properly?!??
    This silk tie cuff was a pretty easy DIY and a fun way to repurpose a thrifted tie. I'm not quite satisfied with how I hand-stitched one end (the rest was machine-stitched). However, since I bought an entire set of cuff blanks I'm looking forward to perfecting my technique over the summer. I'm actually tempted to sew a matching pair of cuffs and wear them a la Wonder Woman - some days in the classroom call for dressing like a superhero.

10 comments:

  1. That cuff idea is so cool! I love the idea of matching cuffs like Wonder Woman. : )


    White pants and tops are very hard to photograph correctly.


    I like the pop of colour with the accessories.


    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cuff!! I've done tons of things with tie material, and I really really like your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern on that tie and that's so cool that you repurposed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cuff! Putting the tie over metal is a great idea, it'll keep it in shape so much better! And I am absolutely 100% behind the Wonder Woman cuffs. Not only will you feel awesome, the kids will find them cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually wear bracelets on both wrists, but for matching cuffs, I'd make an exception. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that's high praise from you, Megan - your obi belts are exquisite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Nnenna! I love the lustre of tie silk as well as the great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Mark. I need to figure out a way to incorporate crafting throughout the year ... I tend to "binge"-craft during the summer, and drop it entirely when work is consuming my time during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Erin! My cuff blanks came in a pack of 8, I think, so you will definitely be seeing prototype 2 on the blog during the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)