edc top, from sis
Jolt pants, Macy's
Fossil key necklace, Nordstrom Rack
bubble necklace, InPink
belt, from dress
This was an outfit that I've been eager to recreate since I first wore it for lunch over Christmas break. I'm not much for neutrals, normally, but I like the mix of charcoal gray, black and cognac. I wasn't sure about the cognac belt the first time around. However, I like that it's a lighter color, and I tried to tie it into the outfit with some bracelets.The sparkly little details - the beading on the top, the layered necklaces, the bracelets -- also add some texture and interest to what could be a very plain outfit.
Random bits of goodness from the last week or so:
- During my students' P.E. lesson, I jumped in and practiced kicking a soccer ball with my girls. I am the least athletic person around, but I have to admit it was fun.
- On Monday I got back into running during morning recess. I sat out Mileage Club in January due to illness, so it was nice to get out there! I am not a fast runner, but I'm proud of myself for managing to run/walk three-quarters of a mile in less than 15 minutes. I'm the only teacher out there running along with the kids, but the kids seem to enjoy seeing me huffing and puffing alongside them! As I write this, my legs still hurt, but I'm looking forward to today's run.
- I'm currently reading "The Holographic Universe" by Talbot. Someone in my meditation class lent it to me, and it's definitely intriguing. I also finished "Winger" by Smith and am working on Roorbach's "Life Among Giants."
- I've learned to enjoy logging into my Mint account and tracking my transactions and purchases. It's oddly satisfying to see the little bar graphs comparing current spending to my monthly budget. I'm also trying to switch to doing more cash purchases vs. credit card transactions, in an attempt to rein in spending and limit new debt.
- I've spent $14.64 so far of my February clothing budget. I hope that since it's a short month, I can come in under budget again!