Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

love and houndstooth




  tee, Ross
Halogen skirt, Nordstrom Rack

       I think this is a cute outfit, but I also think I picked the wrong day to wear it. First off, I wore it to a training. Being out and having a sub in my room for the day is always a little stressful - I have to make sure my sub plan is written, copies are made, and the room is cleaned up a bit  (i.e., I have to throw my massive pile of papers into an empty file drawer and then close it). Then I have to figure out how to navigate to and from the training site, which is always an adventure since I work in an area that I'm not yet familiar with. I always get to trainings slightly out of sorts and that never bodes well for feeling good in my clothes.  Add in the fact that trainings involve interacting with a roomful of people I don't know, and I didn't feel really confident or comfortable in this.
       Nevertheless, after looking at the photos I still like the mix of the graphic and houndstooth. A belt might be a great addition the next time around.
       I think my style motto just might be, "speak softly and wear a loud outfit," as mentioned here.
What would your style motto be?

3 comments:

  1. I think you look great! A neon belt would look good, but the outfit can stand on it's own, too. My motto would probably be "Comfort...and maybe a bit of sexiness, if it's comfy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort and sexiness definitely go together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :) I have another graphic tee that I'm excited about wearing with this skirt. I'm still not confident about pattern-mixing but working with black and white palette is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)