Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

the skinny on my new haircut

     I've endured many a bad haircut in the past, mostly at the hands of people stymied by my extremely thick, not-straight hair. While it always looked OK straight out of the salon, disappointment set in once I washed and dried it and it was a flyaway mess.
   And then I found my current hairstylist, by chance -- I called the salon at random and asked for someone good with thick hair. That haircut was life-changing. Even people who don't really notice my hair -- like my uncles -- kept commenting on how great it looked. At that time I had just recovered from stress-induced hair loss, and it was wonderfully affirming to have it look great and healthy again.

    The Mr. devoutly believes that I should leave hair and makeup decisions to the experts, so when I asked him how much I should cut off, he stressed that I should let the stylist decide. I kept much of the length, but she added layers and gave me what she calls "skinny" hair.
    I feel awesome! My mom even said the cut reminds her of my cousin, K -- high praise in our family because K has been, literally, stylish and put-together since the age of 3. :)
   More photos of my hair to come -- I decided to shoot an outfit ahead of time since it was an awesome-hair day. :)

9 comments:

  1. I love getting a great haircut! Glad to hear you love yours! It looks beautiful - love all the layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love layered hair! Yours look great and gives you a fresh outlook on life :) hehe

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Megan and Katherine! It always surprises me how good a haircut can make you feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cut looks awesome- love all the layers!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic hair cut, love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks beautiful Carrie! Just like you, until I found a great hairstylist, I had 23 years of bad hair days...lol. I think our hair texture is quite similar so people freak out when they see what they're working with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely haircut!! I love the layers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)