Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Try-it-out Tuesday: obi belt

    This is a simple, basic dress perfect for work, but I wanted to make it a little more fun. I decided to take the snake-print belt off my INC dress (seen here) and replace the black belt this dress came with.

    
      I tried letting the belt hang down, then tried tying a bow. Neither looked quite right. So I ended up tying it obi-belt style. It would have looked better if the dress fabric was softer.
     I like the way it looks, but it was a little hard to breathe. I need to find some longer sashes!
     This outfit was a bit fancy for working with the Magic Carpet Book Club's second-graders, but hey, why shouldn't I dress up for read-aloud? :)  Because our theme is stories from around the world, today's selection was Judy Sierra's "Tasty Baby Belly Buttons." If you are looking for a fun and spunky heroine to share with children, Uriko-hime is quite suitable (she makes a mean dumpling and has a way with a sword).
     Happy Tuesday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)