Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

managing abundance

    This purple gingham buttondown caught my eye while I was browsing the Labor Day sale yesterday. American Eagle Outfitters had a 40% off sale, and the crowds to go with it. Fortunately for my wallet, I decided it wasn't an essential, and passed up the looong lines to try it on and to purchase.
     It's a new thing for me to pass up a good sale, but I've decided for a number of reasons to not purchase any new clothing until my birthday in December. The main reason is that I had the revelation that abundance does not equal constant acquisition. Not bringing in new items will help me appreciate and use the wonderful clothing and jewelry I already own, as well as get creative with outfit planning. If I'm feeling adventurous, I might even do a 30 for 30 challenge. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)