Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

confidence boost

J. Crew striped T (XS); Calvin Klein pencil skirt (size 2); gold belt (old), Unlisted shoes. 






       I’ve been on the low-rise wagon for a while, but I’ve fallen hard for this pencil skirt. I wore this outfit to get some papers notarized and get fingerprinted for my new job on Wednesday, and I felt GOOD. I felt the goodness even spilled over to the people I interacted with – they seemed to respond to me with a lot of positivity. Or, maybe I just felt more confident and more comfortable. 
      These shoes are glorious, but I didn't wear them on Wednesday. I just didn't have my sensible black sandals on hand when I cajoled the Mr. to snap a few photos.
      I am enamored with stripes, and I picked up this T for less than $8 when they were offering 40% off sale items AND free shipping. (Side note: I filled out a J. Crew survey about my purchase, and mentioned my appreciation of the free shipping. I was thrilled to receive an e-mail reply, thanking me for my comments.) This T is a little too sloppy and shapeless on its own (maybe the next time I can size down to XXS?) but it tucks nicely into the skirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)