Hello! I’m Carrie, and welcome to Petal by Petal.
Why I’m starting this blog: I’ve been browsing style blogs for a while, and it’s been hugely inspiring to me to see how people express themselves through what they wear. Now I’m taking the plunge and starting my own blog for several reasons:
- I live in Hawaii, and while I love many of the looks I see online, they’re not practical for our tropical climate. (I love layering, but in reality I could only do it a few days a year!) So I’d like to work out some looks that are stylish and practical.
- My style up to this point has been …. well, rather plain vanilla. My goal is to invite color, texture and pattern out to play.
- I want to focus on areas where I feel merely so-so (makeup, accessorizing), and take myself to the next level.
- I want to pare down, focus and refine my wardrobe. I want to have items that fit well, work with my lifestyle and highlight my good points.
- Not so long ago, I thought focusing on my outer appearance meant I was shallow, or materialistic. Now, however, I see dressing beautifully as an art, something that can foster confidence and joy in my daily life. I want to find my unique style.