Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Girls' Day


tank, Gap
kimono, made by me
Calvin Klein jeans, Ross

    So far, I've stuck to pairing this kimono top with black or white. But some days just call for pink!
    March 3 was Girls' Day, and I shared a little with my students about this holiday celebrated in both Japan and in Hawaii. Some of my students are new to the islands, so it's fun to share a bit of local culture with them. I wanted to get mochi, but when I stopped by Costco the afternoon before, there wasn't a single mochi platter to be had. I settled for senbei (crispy rice crackers) instead, and my students didn't seem to mind. 
    This would have been an appropriate outfit for March 3, but in reality, I wore this outfit a while back. For the first time in a long while, I have a backlog of outfit photos. It's a nice problem to have, for once ... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)