Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

positively cozy

 New York and Company chambray shirt, Goodwill
Cable and Gauge cardigan and Coldwater Creek silk scarf, from Mom
Jolt skinny cargos, Macy's

       Goodbye to November, and hello to December! November was challenging in certain ways -- I felt really worn down by parent-teacher conferences for some reason. However, on the last day of conferences I was elated to hear that one of my students - new to the school and the state - loves being in my classroom and has even expressed a desire to have perfect attendance. I'm looking forward to December for several reasons - my birthday is coming up, I'll be attending a concert for the first time in years, and winter break is around the corner.  

      I kicked off my long Thanksgiving weekend with an awful allergy attack that canceled my plans to do some baking. While I'm still not feeling 100%, I did get to sew two Christmas gifts on Friday  while listening to Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack. On Saturday, I ended up reading David Levithan's "Everyday" in almost one sitting. Oh, and I also ate all kinds of delicious things, ranging from the most scrumptious Dutch apple pie I've ever tasted to pumpkin mochi to the usual Thanksgiving fixings. I stayed away from the hordes at the malls, but I did shop Macy's Cyber Monday specials online yesterday. I was pleased to find that I had some unused gift cards that covered my purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)