Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

impractical


Tommy Hilfiger dress, Ross
red suede belt, Old Navy
Amrita Singh earrings, HauteLook

        My dress is covered in little fall leaves!
        This dress was definitely an impractical, indulgent purchase ... long sleeves + seasonal leaf print = dress that has a limited amount of wears per year. Let's not even get into how silly it is to own a dress printed with fall leaves when you live in a place where just about everything is green year-round, and there are really only two seasons, wet and dry ...
      Still, all the little details of this dress make me happy, from the shirttail hem to the pockets to the cheerful print.






6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Don't feel a need to justify the expense -- liking it is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impractical or not, that dress is fabulous! And I think that maybe if you live somewhere where the leaves *don't* change that's all the more reason to buy a fall dress covered in changing leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your train of thinking, Gracey! I will think of myself as an ambassador of fall color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally - I always admire those folks who are diligent about tracking cost per wear and making the most out of their purchases. At the same time, I realize that I lean more towards abundance than minimalism, and as long as I don't let my need for abundance impact my life in negative ways, why not enjoy all the pretty things? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that print can pass off as Japanese-y, rather than autumn! Sometimes items are so cool you weigh the options and can decide to get 'em despite limited use in warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of that, Aya! But now that you point it out, I see the connection. I've already ironed it and I hope to wear it again before winter break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)