Friday, November 22, 2013

chiffon, chain, and excuses

 DKNY tank, Saks Off 5th (old)
skirt, Target
necklace, local boutique, gifted
       My husband dislikes this shirt, but its little details delight me: I think the chain and chiffon trim complement each other so well. Despite my delight, this top hardly gets worn. So I was pleased to find that it makes a spunky partner for my polka dot skirt.
     

     I was trying to be faithful to No Shop November (picked up the idea from Style Journey), but I admit that I fell off the wagon when I found a great-fitting pair of jeans and a cute top the other weekend. And a few days before that I bought a whimsical printed skater skirt from Forever 21. I rationalized that the jeans and top would be my (early) birthday present to myself. Still trying to figure out a reason for "needing" to add a flouncy, short skirt (printed with elephants and camels, no less) to my closet. ...

4 comments:

  1. Aya in CouturgatoryNovember 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

    Ooh, orange and navy is one of my new favorite color combos.


    You rock the shirt! The badass look suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of this shirt. If your husband doesn't like it, tell him he doesn't have to wear it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the vote, Ally! He has some very decided opinions about clothing that I don't agree with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Aya! Not sure how badass an elementary school teacher can be, but I did like this combination. I'll have to figure out a way to get this shirt into my regular rotation. And regarding navy, navy with just about any color is my absolute favorite ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)