Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

chiffon, chain, and excuses

 DKNY tank, Saks Off 5th (old)
skirt, Target
necklace, local boutique, gifted
       My husband dislikes this shirt, but its little details delight me: I think the chain and chiffon trim complement each other so well. Despite my delight, this top hardly gets worn. So I was pleased to find that it makes a spunky partner for my polka dot skirt.
     

     I was trying to be faithful to No Shop November (picked up the idea from Style Journey), but I admit that I fell off the wagon when I found a great-fitting pair of jeans and a cute top the other weekend. And a few days before that I bought a whimsical printed skater skirt from Forever 21. I rationalized that the jeans and top would be my (early) birthday present to myself. Still trying to figure out a reason for "needing" to add a flouncy, short skirt (printed with elephants and camels, no less) to my closet. ...

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, orange and navy is one of my new favorite color combos.


    You rock the shirt! The badass look suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of this shirt. If your husband doesn't like it, tell him he doesn't have to wear it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the vote, Ally! He has some very decided opinions about clothing that I don't agree with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Aya! Not sure how badass an elementary school teacher can be, but I did like this combination. I'll have to figure out a way to get this shirt into my regular rotation. And regarding navy, navy with just about any color is my absolute favorite ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)