Merona buttondown, hand-me-down
silk tie, from Banana Republic top
Thursday was school colors day (red, white and blue). I grabbed the silk tie to lengthen the necklace, and initially had the bow tucked in the back. Then I decided that the bow was too pretty to hide. I wish it was white instead of celadon to pick up the dots in the skirt, but I do like the overall effect. It's my take on the lady ties that Gracey of Fashion for Giants rocks with such flair. It's a novel way to lengthen a necklace, and the silk drapes so beautifully. I'm thinking about sewing my own silk necklace extenders by repurposing some thrifted ties - it could really pep up an outfit with a little color and pattern.
I like the idea of this navy buttondown, but for some reason it's difficult to tuck. It could be because it's a size too big, but I've noticed that it always puffs up and looks terrible. I tossed it on my donations pile, and hope I have the willpower to restrain myself from snatching it back up.
- make apple oatmeal for breakfast. It was lovely to not have to wolf down my breakfast in 10 minutes, the way I usually do on a workday.
- play around with Mod Podge for the first time. (It kind of smells, and wow, you really have to be careful where you stick your paper, because it will be there forever, crooked edge, air bubbles, and all. I just don't think I'm cut out for decoupage, but it was fun to try.)
- start "Women Who Run with the Wolves" by Estes
- take a long nap
- make it to 6 a.m. aikido class, which is one of the things I miss about my full-time-grad-student schedule
- run a few long-overdue errands