Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

the 1980s called ...

dress, Goodwill
necklace, Forever 21

and they want their babydoll dress back. Don't forget the Velcro-attached shoulder pads, too. It was a surprise to try this dress on and find the shoulder pads - I can't remember the last time I bought something with them!
       Some things I like about this dress - the fit; the abstract floral-ish print; and the colors. Green is the dominant color, but there's enough red, pink, blue and dashes of yellow and orange that it can be accessorized in different ways. Yes for versatility! Another yes for being able to wash and wear it - a light ironing actually wouldn't hurt, but the print makes wrinkles unnoticeable in my opinion. ;)




       Grammar nerd confession: I waffled on whether the 1980s would be referred to as "they" or "it." I settled on "they" because I figure each year would be considered an individual item, and the 1980s a collection of individual years - hence, "they." Whew. I'm sure that this is the kind of riveting inspirational content that draws thousands of blog followers ... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, shoulder pads. I love a good giggle at the football player look. (At least, that's what they impart for me.)


    And if I were in charge, grammar nerdiness and terrible plays on words would be a huge blog draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a fan of shoulder pads (I already have wide shoulders!) And you're totally right in using "it" #englishnerd


    Brittney


    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)