Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

picky

Tommy Hilfiger top, Macy's
same ol' jeans, Ross
JJ Basics cardigan, hand-me-down

        I really like the straight fit of this top - it reminds me of a pillowcase top, although it's doubtful that I could get a real pillowcase to fit over my hips. ;)  Worn with the jeans, it was a little dark overall, but the red cardigan really livened things up without being too matchy. I think a white cardigan would also work, but I don't own one ... adding that to my wishlist.


          My mom and I went to a craft fair this weekend, and it really pointed out to me how my tastes have changed. I looked at a lot of the jewelry and thought, "eh, nothing special." I suppose browsing etsy has increased my expectations of handmade items. Not to mention, the place was awash with Hello Kitty stuff ... I have never been a fan of Hello Kitty, although an obsession with that mouthless, bow-wearing cat is almost par for the course for most women who grow up here.
         This isn't to say that we didn't buy anything -- I picked up a cute pair of earrings that look like tiny rainclouds and a simple suede-and-gold bracelet.
           One thing that bugged me about the craft fair: why don't vendors tag each item, or, post signs that let you know how much things cost? If I need to ask someone about the price of each item, I'm just as likely to move on as to ask, particularly if they haven't even said "hello" or glanced up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)