A gripe: sizing charts are just about useless. First off, it's a generic standard chart - but in reality, any department store stocks a multitude of brands, all with different fits.
Here I'm wearing the Worthington belted sateen pencil skirt (size 4) in the thrive print:
Best representation of the color
- it's cotton!
- I know, I know, I know ... petites are supposed to wear small prints. But I happen to love splashy almost-abstract prints like this one - are they hearts? flowers?
- Nice mix of colors - the print contains white, gray, black, teal, and a light green, which will make it versatile.
- I was surprised to see that it's not lined, but the fabric feels thick enough (and the print is busy enough) that I'm not really worried about show-through.
My best meh face
I like my pencil skirts to hit me at my natural waist, but this is sitting on my hips.
Slightly happier now that I've pinched it in the back so it sits properly
I was so unsure about the sizing that I actually ordered this beautiful skirt (also a Liz Claiborne) in a size 6 (even more pinching required!)
- it's cotton
- it's lined
- it comes in a great variety of colors and prints
- they don't make one size down, which is the size that would fit me properly.