Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

dressing up chambray


New York and Company chambray shirt, thrifted
enamel necklace, eBay
petite trousers, Banana Republic Factory Store

        I wore this for a substitute-teaching assignment a few weeks ago. It's always interesting to sub during the last week of school ... the students are SO not interested in anything academic and have sent their brains on vacation! Thus, we did some simple stuff. After the kids worked on their end-of-year writing assignment and some math review work, I taught the first class I worked with how to draw a very simple bird. They got very creative in accessorizing their birds - they sprouted hats, speech bubbles, clothing, and more.

turquoise and gold bracelet, Urban Sand



yellow cardigan, Gap Outlet 
  
    


     I am still excited about having thrifted this chambray shirt. I've paired it with black bottoms so far, but I've realized that it will work great with my skimpy-on-top maxi dresses, my houndstooth skirt, white jeans, and on and on ...

2 comments:

  1. You've accessorised this outfit so beautifully!


    The shirt is gorgeous on its own, but the necklace, cardigan and bracelets you chose to pair with it makes it look absolutely EXCEPTIONAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This chambray shirt makes a great canvas for accessories. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)