Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

{not a} suit


UK Style by French Connection tweed blazer, Sears
petite trousers, Banana Republic Factory Store
top, Calvin Klein Outlet

     I don't play with texture as much as I'd like, but I thought this was a fun way to combine textures in a rather monochromatic outfit. I wore this for the first day of my three-day stint teaching intersession. The pant has a very subtle herringbone pattern (which I tried to capture in the photo below, but not as clearly as I'd like) that plays nicely with the tweed and satin-like material of the shirt.

    Let me tell you, it's a little rough starting a work stint, no matter how short, the day after Christmas! Also, I've been sleeping in since school ended, so it was an even harder wake-up call.
    Despite the problems of waking up (I will never ever be a morning person), I've been having fun with the second-graders. We've read lots of great books, including Mo Willems' "Pigeon" books. They particularly enjoyed "The Pigeon Wants a Puppy," as most of them read it along with me and began talking to Pigeon.

       Random news: Don't schedule doctor's appointments for a couple of days after Christmas. You might be unpleasantly surprised by the number on the scale after stuffing yourself with holiday goodies ... Truth be told, I don't really remember how much I weighed before Christmas, since I don't weigh myself regularly, but the number did seem an itty-bit higher. This suspicion is confirmed by the fact that these pants fit a bit more snugly than I prefer. Guess I'll be joining the masses in resolving to eat more healthfully and exercise a bit more in 2013 ....

** Want to check out my other {not a} post? I created an unconventional twinset here.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh, working the day after Christmas is rough! (I think waking up early to work is the worst part.) I love that you built a suit out of gray garments rather than black, the gray is so sleek and pretty and the different textures really play off of each other. (Well, the print on the blouse sort of works like a texture, it looks really cool with the tweed.)
    And how sweet about your class! Little kids are so fun to read too, they really get into the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! I know some folks who have no problem waking up early ... in fact, when they try to sleep in, they can't. I wish I had that problem!
    I don't usually get this dressed up for teaching, but it was fun to pair the tweed jacket and top (two pieces I don't wear enough).

    Sharing books with kids is one of my favorite things to do. The younger ones are the easiest to please but it's also so satisfying to help an older student figure out for the first time what type of book he or she enjoys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I knoa the feeling about pants fitting to snugly. I do like the jacket you have on.fits really well

    Katattack 2000.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and subtle, lovely combo! :)


    Jen @ Librarian for Life & Style,
    http://librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blazer is love!

    Mai
    http://astylemusing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for dropping by, Mai! I love a good blazer and need to wear this one more often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)