Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

iris

   silk top, Goodwill
glass pendant, gift from EKM

     Dressing like one of my favorite flowers is kind of fun. One of my goals is to try purple and green, and purple and yellow is a step toward that.


     This is the trying time of the semester when I'm absolutely smashed with work - drafts to write, older drafts that need rewriting and revision, portfolios to assemble, and so on. One bright spot is listening to the audiobook version of Susan Cooper's "The Dark is Rising." This is seriously the best audiobook to listen to if you want to get into a Christmas mood. Listening to this book has let me vicariously enjoy tramping through a snowy night to sing carols to neighbors, watch snow falling, and lounge cozily on the hearth rug, watching the Yule log burn down. Now all I need is for the weather to cool down enough so that I can enjoy a cup of hot cocoa crammed with marshmallows ...
     Happy weekend, all! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love that shade of purple - it's purple, but in some lighting it looks blue - really flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous top. That color is fabulous and thrifted silk is just the best!


    Have a wonderful weekend, Carrie!


    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen @ Librarian for Life StyleNovember 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

    Ooh, The Dark Is Rising! I reread that series every couple of years. Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Sunshine Award :) http://librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/sunshine-award/


    Jen @ Librarian for Life Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa! My camera has trouble translating most purples, but this shade comes out perfectly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gracey! :) I love thrifting silk ... and this top still had the original tags attached. Doesn't get any better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)