Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

happy Monday, vol. 17

3 things that are making me happy lately ...
1. I've started taking my camera to school with me every once in a while. I've been surreptitiously dipping my toes into the water when it comes to taking outfit photos outdoors. It's an interesting challenge (oh hello there, natural light!) and it's even more interesting without a tripod. Nothing worth sharing yet, but it's been fun.
2. Chocolate chip oatmeal no-bake cookies. I like to fool myself that the inclusion of 2 cups of oatmeal makes them healthy. ; )
3. Using up my Banana Republic $10 rewards and an ancient giftcard to score this dress:
        I was heartened to see that Carol of In Pursuit of Pretty Things had worn the gray and pink version of this dress and that it seemed to fit her pretty well, especially lengthwise. Gap's checkout system was acting weird last night, and kept emptying out my cart due to "unexpectedly high demand," but I was pleased this morning to toss this into my cart and check out without any problems. I scoured the actual store in vain yesterday, but the only thing I was remotely interested in was this dress in active blue (much cheaper in store than online), but the fact that I would have to cut 6 to 8 inches off the bottom deterred me. That, and the fact that I don't wear my other long dresses enough. I also tried this on, loved the fit and print, didn't love the price.
       We now resume our regular programming -- and our shopping ban.  :)
Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Smart move taking the camera with you. I find unexpected photo opportunities when I have my camera with me and that, in turn, improves our photographic skills. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree. :) I can't grumble about not taking photographs enough when I never take the camera with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. carol_prettythingsJuly 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM

    Can't wait to see you in your striped dress! Hope it works out well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always carry my camera around with me! I love the fact that you can have an awesome photo taken anytime :) Would love to see how you go with your pics :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kat! I decided to take advantage of the fact that it's summer and while students are on campus, there are a lot less of them ... I'm too scared to take photos in front of other people. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Carol! I'm excited about trying out the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)