Wednesday, February 22, 2012

musical femmes - a video roundup

     Some of my favorite female singers/musicians. :) 
     I'll admit, unlike people I know who are constantly immersed in music -- scouting out new groups, reading blogs, etc. -- there are periods when I don't listen to much more than the radio.
    But I was in a mood for music yesterday, so here you go. I couldn't find an unblocked Bjork video to add, but she's on the list too.
    I'd love to see some of these ladies live (and if I ever got my hands on a time machine, Billie Holiday is high on the list of musical acts I'd want to catch). I saw Tori Amos in L.A. quite a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was easier to catch musicians live when I lived on the Mainland, but I guess that's the price of paradise ... 









9 comments:

  1. I am similar to you, Carrie since I don't drive I never listen to the radio. I have no idea what songs are the top 20 these days! I feel terribly old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great taste in music, lady! I'm a big fan of Neko Case. I had a whole summer where I listened to Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. Her voice is very nostalgic to me. And I'm totally like you - I rarely scout out new music. I used to a few years ago... but now I've been so out of the loop that I find it overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Gillian Welch! I saw her in concert, and she is the most mesmerizing and oddly uncomfortable musician I've ever seen perform professionally. She really does it just for the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I don't drive...I don't listen to the radio so a lot of these artists are new to me! I am going to be tuning in...I could use some new music for my ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy, Bessie! I hope you find some new favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, Kristine! It's interesting to me how a favorite song can take us back to a certain time or place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh ... envious! I haven't heard all of her stuff but looking forward to exploring her music more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)