Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Try-it-out Tuesday: tassels and midis and stripes, oh my!

     Sunday is the most-anticipated day in our house -- it's the day when Mom and I head out to run errands (and do a little shopping as well). I tried out an armload of stuff at Nordstrom Rack, but nothing looked good. I met up with Mom in the clearance section and while idly flipping through the rack, came across this lovely midi skirt -- heavily marked down to $5.40!!

     That night, I checked out Clothed Much's Rule Breaking Monday midi skirt challenge for some styling tips and ideas. I learned that: 1) heels are a must for short people like me, and 2) a belt was a nice complement to the fullness of the skirt. I've always admired how Dotty of dash dot dotty sets her belt so artfully askew, so that's who I'm copying inspired by in regards to the off-center belt.
     On Monday, my first eBay purchase came in the mail. I just had to try on all of my new stuff together, although now I'm wondering whether the necklace and the stripes are a little too much?

     On Monday afternoon, I put together this outfit and reached for the camera, only to find that the battery was completely dead. Somebody needs to check her battery before getting dressed for a photo shoot.
    Anyhow, I soldiered on with the MacBook Photo Booth, and had fun with it. There's something about this skirt that makes me want to do goofy things, like spin around and watch how it flares out, or pretend I'm meeting the queen and doing my very best curtsy, or take silly self-portraits. I suppose a good outfit sets your imagination free ...

    
Hello, blog world! See, I do have a face ...


    

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you totally scored with that skirt- love it!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Inna! :) I'm trying to expand beyond black/denim for pants and skirts, so this is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your face :) Loving the stripes with those pleats! Is it purple?

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is purple, or as the tag says, eggplant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I would totally spin around all day in that skirt. :) I don't think the necklace and shirt are too much together at all - they compliment each other, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Catherine! I've been wearing that necklace with just about everything since it arrived in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first ebay purchase! I love the necklace and I don't think it's too much at all with the stripes!! I also love the midi skirt on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! And for 5 bucks, who could turn that down? I know I wouldn't be able to resist. And the color is so pretty. I love how you paired it with the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit! I will never tire of stripes. Nice to see a face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Sherri! I love stripes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Jenn! It's hard to walk away from a good bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Sayaka! It's longer than I'm used to, but it's a nice change. I'm trying to keep my eBay shopping in check, but I have two more pieces that I'm impatiently waiting to get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)