Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

3-ring circus, or, fashion fail?

   I think I got overambitious with this outfit. Fun graphic tee + stripes! Layering! Tights + sneakers!  And make the sneakers not an unobtrusive neutral, but bright pink!
 Rebecca Beeson long-sleeve tee (Costco, old)
   "The Day the Fire Brigade Went on Strike" tee (Threadless)
   striped skirt and tights (F21)
   Puma sneakers
    After examining my tights + sneakers pins more closely, I realized that I COMPLETELY missed how simplicity made the look work. Solid tops and bottoms and a restrained color palette, by and large, kept things simple and fresh. My favorite is the third: I think the drapey pink dress is so cute!

                                                                                          Source: chictopia.com via Carrie on Pinterest
  
  


  
                                                                                       Source: teenvogue.com via Carrie on Pinterest



                                                                                           Source: chictopia.com via Carrie on Pinterest


I did marginally better reproducing this cute, cozy and simple look from What Would a Nerd Wear.




                                                                                         Source: bloglovin.com via Carrie on Pinterest





  














   




DKNY cable sweater hoodie (Macy's, old)

    I think this outfit would have worked better with a plain black shirt -- it would have made the outfit less busy and accented the pink sneakers. In the meantime, I'm adding a pair of simple black sneakers to my wish list ...

6 comments:

  1. Love your last look and great that you are getting inspiration from pininterest :) I have yet to get an account ;)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top look! So very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the last outfit is too busy! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Erin. I love my collection of graphic tees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be a huge time-waster ... but there are so many great ideas on there. :) Let me know whether you'd like a Pinterest invite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)