Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thrift find #2

    I think a well-fitting dress is a no-brainer outfit. Perfect for this time of year when I need all my brain power for important stuff, like procrastinating final projects.
   I picked this up at Goodwill for $8.99 a while back. My thrifting pattern seems to go like this: purchase, wash, throw in closet, ignore for several months.

     This is a petite dress, so it ends a little above the knee. For work, I usually prefer my dress hemline to be a tad longer -- who wants to worry every time they bend down to pick up a pencil? But it worked out OK when I wore it to school yesterday.
    Yesterday's book club read-aloud was "Zomo the Rabbit" by Gerald McDermott. The high point of the story for the kids was when the fish danced so hard his scales fell off. That elicited a chorus of "EEEEWWWW!" and tons of giggles. It wasn't til much later that  I thought, I hope they don't go home and tell their parents they learned about naked fish today ...

4 comments:

  1. Love the print on that dress!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I thought the colors were fun. And the green dots remind me of pimento olives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pattern is FANTASTIC! such a great thrift find!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Dotty! I'm excited about doing some thrifting once my shopping ban expires. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)