Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

dwelling on my blessings

   While I try hard to be grateful everyday, there's nothing like dwelling on my blessings in honor of Thanksgiving. So here's a (short) list:
  • My family. It's been tough taking on more caretaking responsibilities, but ultimately it is an honor to be able to help. I hope to do my duties with a more cheerful heart.
  • The Mr. He's brought a lot of laughter into my life. He's also patient, kind, witty, a good cook, and a goofball. 
  • The opportunity to pursue my degree. While I grumble about tuition, the crushing workload, the crazy parking, and everything else, I realize that I am fortunate. I belong to the (small) group of people in this world who can choose to not work for a time and focus on education.   
  • A blog that has let me start searching for my personal style. I appreciate all the kind and thoughtful comments and have discovered so many awesome, inspiring bloggers. 
  • Aikido. It keeps me balanced (and humble). 
  • A life of abundance. 
Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving :) It has been great reading thru your blogs thruout the past months :)
    Have lots of pie!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing things to be thankful for! i hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Katherine! Nothing like homemade pie. :)
    Mimi - thanks for dropping by! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you've had a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful list :) Sometimes we forget all the good things in our life, and it's nice to have a day to remember to appreciate everything. Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read up a bit on Aikido. Sounds very beautiful (what I read of it).
    Aren't we all thankful for our Mr's? They're the absolute best.
    I love this list--we all need a reminder of the things in our lives that we are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, Megan & Courtney - it was a very good weekend. :)
    My friend and I actually keep in touch and work on being grateful everyday via e-mail. We tell each other 3 things we are grateful for. It's a simple way to stay in touch and be mindful of everything we have. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)