Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

from the heart

     On Sunday, I was fortunate enough to attend the wedding of a teacher friend. The Mr. asked a few days ago, "If she's only your work friend and you don't hang out, why are you going?" I had to explain to him that teacher friends are a little different. Teacher friends are the folks who will listen to you vent, write an emergency sub plan for you when you get into a car accident on the way to school, share their classroom management strategies, and have a desk available in their classrooms for that kid who needs a few minutes away from your class.
     The wedding colors were fall-themed: the bridesmaids wore a milk chocolate brown, and the decor included white, gold and orange. I was originally thinking of wearing jewel tones, but then I remembered this dress.
    I've owned this dress for a while, so I don't quite remember where I bought it. I probably picked it up at Off 5th Saks Avenue. I couldn't resist the classic wrap dress, the three-quarter sleeves, and black and white print. It's silk jersey, and the tag says dry clean only, but it seems to have done OK the one time it accidentally took a spin in the washer. (Not going to do that again ...)
    This is a size 8, which is a little big in the shoulders for me, but I don't think it's too noticeable.
     I decided my Amrita Singh earrings would be the perfect touch of fall's jewel tones.
"Marion" earrings
   I really should wear this dress more ... I feel so sophisticated in it! 99% of the time I leave Off 5th empty-handed, but this was a spectacular find. It is a little on the warm side because of the sleeves, but my goal is to wear it a couple times when cooler weather arrives.



3 comments:

  1. Hey! I love the new layout :) Dynamic layouts are so awesome! I was surprised at first!

    On to your dress--I think this is perfect to wear to a fall wedding! I agree--work friends are definitely different :) ESPECIALLY teachers! Which grades do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous dress- perfect for a Fall wedding and it fits you so nicely!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Courtney -thanks! Just wanted to give the dynamic views a try; the old layout was so blah. I'm not in the classroom this year; :( I'm on unpaid leave of absence so I can be a full-time student. I have taught 4th and 5th and worked with K-6 in the school library.
    @skippysays - thanks for dropping by! I'm glad I dug this out of the closet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)