Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

high hopes

      Whoo, I wasn't expecting to have my summer break be a blog break as well, but I will try to get a post up or two once the start-of-school-year madness subsides.
       In the meantime, here's a picture of my new hairdo! Longer hair has been my security blanket for a while, but I am thoroughly enjoying this haircut. My workplace is very warm, and having my hair this short forces me to wear it down vs. having it up in a ponytail all the time. Also loving how easy it is to wash and that I don't really have to do anything in the morning. I'm still trying to adjust my sleep schedule to make waking up at 5 a.m. a little less arduous, so a low-maintenance hairstyle means a little more time to eat breakfast and prepare for the day.


      While it's only the first week of school, I have a feeling this is going to be a very different year. First off, this group's energy seems very different from last year's bunch.  I loved last year's kids, but their energy was frenetic at times. This group seems a little more laid-back. I am also trying out the Responsive Classroom approach, which means I have been explicitly teaching social skills, building community, and teaching classroom routines/procedures in a different way. I admit that I'll miss all the free time I had during the summer, but it's exciting to be in a classroom again.
   What's making you happy lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)