Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

lovely links: ladylike with a kick


"DREAMBOAT" // Zeitgeist: Spirit of the Times from trAndrew on Vimeo.

       I mentioned recently that my cousin will be showing his artwork. It turns out that the event features artists of all kinds, including clothing designers. While browsing the event site I found this video by Jenna Sato, and promptly fell in love with the jackets. They have a retro ladylike appeal that's balanced by the artful decision to layer them over a close-fitting crop top. The clean lines and playful colors and patterns remind me just a bit of Diane Von Furstenberg's clothing.
     While browsing the site, I also found out that "cocktail attire" is recommended. Hmm. I'm not sure what that translates to in very casual Hawaii, but I'll be delving into my closet for something suitable. 

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the printed jacket in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - that's my favorite, too! :) I Googled her name to see if she runs an etsy shop to sell her clothing, but I don't think she does. I'm hoping to get more info at the event.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)