I may have spent my budget for March (and April, ahem) on these two dresses.
I went to Ross recently and could not believe the gorgeous dresses they had. I also tried on a Tahari purple dress and a Vivienne by Vivienne Tam black-and-white striped knit dress, but these two were the top contenders.
Laundry by Shelli Segal color-blocked silk dress
- I'm not sure whether the bright color-block print on this dress is really me, but do you know what's got me hooked on this dress? The silk and the way it feels when I'm wearing it. It just feels luxurious. The neckline and bare shoulders would likely require a camisole and a cardigan to be added if I wanted to wear this to work.
- SIZE & FIT: The dress seems to flare out at the bottom and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing.
- As much as I love the silk, this might be a return based on the fit.
Calvin Klein double-zipper sheath
- I've wanted for a while to add a LBDD (little black dress with a difference) to my wardrobe, and this Calvin Klein sheath dress fits the bill. The zipper detail is fantastic (and I don't even really consider myself someone who likes zipper details).
- SIZE & FIT: I wish that Ross had a 0 because I suspect it may have fit better. While taking the photos, I decided to try it on with a belt. I'm not sure whether that choice is making you smack your forehead and shout, "No! No! Don't ruin the great line of the zippers!" I think taking up the hem just a bit would help with the overall look, too.
Yeah, I'm not sure why I'm posing barefoot next to a pair of shoes, either.
- THINGS I LOVE: the zippers, and how you can adjust them to give the dress a different neckline. After looking at the photos, I realize I might need to apply a little strategic tape or a pin to keep the tucked-in fabric from shifting.
- This really appears to be a dress that could take me from work to happy hour with a change of shoes, accessories and neckline. (Alas, after work my first inclination is to change into a baggy old tee and shorts, then lounge on the couch with a bag of Cheetos and a soda, but let's pretend my life is a little more glamorous than that).