Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

off to the races

     My second eBay purchase arrived last week. I bought two necklaces, and was excited about the bold pop of color this 6-strand bead necklace would add to my outfits.

    On Friday, I put it on, looked in the mirror, and said to myself: whoa! Compared to my other jewelry, this necklace is gargantuan. It reminded me a little of those enormous flower garlands they use to bedeck winning racehorses. Definitely out of my comfort zone. I ended up putting on my shirt jacket to tone down the necklace.
Volcom shirt jacket
    I think this will be a favorite piece over time, but I need to get used to wearing it. Looking at the photos helps me see that it's not disproportionately large, and I'm also liking the color variation in the beads.
    I'll be styling the second necklace soon, hopefully this week. And if you're thinking about my self-imposed budget ... not to worry! I'm taking a break from eBay for the time being so I can enjoy my beautiful new jewelry. :)
 

4 comments:

  1. What a great pop of color! Ebay is a great place to pick up some great items!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katherine! So far I've been lucky and picked up some great items for very reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace! Give yourself some time, pretty soon you'll be layering those necklaces! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lisa, for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)