Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

guiding words


Tahari shell, Alfani pants and Born boots, Macy's
cardigan, Gap Outlet

    First post of 2017! (About time ....) 
   It seems that January started so slowly, with the inevitable readjustment to early wake-up calls and busy days after the languor of winter break. I'm still a bit in disbelief that January is just about gone! I usually give myself a month to figure out my goals for the year, and my deadline is fast approaching. I did work partway through Susannah Conway's Find Your Word  series, but the words I'm trying to live by came to me before I started reflecting:
   Intentional: I want to be more intentional - with my time, money, resources, etc. For the first time ever, I started planning out what's for dinner. It gives me satisfaction to know what goes into my food, save money, and eat a home-cooked meal. It's also been a fun way to try out new recipes. I'm also striving to be more intentional with my time by putting my phone away and reading, instead. I've gotten through three books this month and have several more that are in progress. 
   Flow: While I often enjoy training in a new style of aikido, it can be very challenging at times. I'm working in my discomfort zone most of the time! Physically, I'm trying things that scare me a little, such as learning to break fall or how to load someone - or be loaded - for a hip throw. Mentally, I have to deal with the frustrations that come with learning a new style of weapons. The word "flow" reminds me to be pliable in all ways, to readjust, and that sometimes I need to take a step back before moving forward.      
    Whew, so that's my plan for 2017 in a nutshell ... now let's talk clothes! My sister and I went outlet shopping when we were in Hawaii over winter break, and I was excited to find a red cardigan. I had one before that was very versatile, but the fit was a bit off, so I donated it. It was a bit too cold to wear this sleeveless shell with a cardigan (even with a tank underneath and my smaller black cardigan hiding out underneath this red one), but it was a nice change of pace - I get tired of my uniform of long-sleeve shirt + sweater + vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)