Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

a leaf of grass

American Rag Cie top, Macy's
cardigan in bright cobalt, Gap Outlet
same ol' jeans, Ross
turquoise bead bracelet, InPink

        My co-worker raved about the colors and pattern of this top when I wore it for a recent professional development day. It can only be worn with a cardigan right now because the armholes needs slimming - the way it gapes is very unflattering and makes me look wider than I am when worn by itself. Hurry up, cooler weather! I have quite a few cute shirts that need to be worn with a light cardigan to make them work-appropriate. I suppose that means that I should stop buying those kinds of tops, but that would mean I'd be stuck wearing crew-neck tees everyday ...
      Yesterday I didn't have any parent-teacher conferences, so I decided to do a few laps around the field at recess. My school has started a running program to encourage fitness, and the kids were amazed and thrilled to see me out there with them. I managed to do almost two laps (a half-mile) before the bell rang. One of my students was sweet enough to keep me company, although I think she was holding herself back to do so - I've seen her chug along at a determined jog around the field for the whole 15 minutes.
     It was wonderful exercise, but the one problem is that I am really allergic to grass, and the grass on the field was quite high. By the time I left work, I was fighting back sniffles and tossed down two allergy pills shortly after I got home. While Whitman said, "I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars," I'm guessing that he didn't have allergies ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so please leave one if you like. :)